James F. Conrad, M.D.
Dr. Conrad specializes in comprehensive ophthalmology with expertise in cataract surgery and lens implantation. He has used lifestyle lens implants to help correct astigmatism since 1998. Select patients can benefit from premium multifocal lens implants. Dr. Conrad diagnoses and treats ocular disorders for adults and children 4 years and older. He works closely with many primary care providers and local experts for subspecialty care for retina, cornea and glaucoma problems.
* Bachelor of Science in Biomedical Science, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI
* Doctor of Medicine, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI
* Internship in General Surgery, University of Hawaii, Honolulu, HI
* Residency in Ophthalmology, Kellogg Eye Center, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI
* Certified American Board of Ophthalmology
* American Academy of Ophthalmology
* American Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgery
* Tennessee Academy of Ophthalmology
* Nashville Academy of Ophthalmology
* Tennessee Society to Prevent Blindness
Born in Harrisburg, PA, Dr. Conrad grew up in Ohio and has practiced ophthalmology in Nashville since 1984. His wife, Marty, has been an Adjunct Professor in Community Health at Vanderbilt University. His oldest son, Drew, has a growing family in Knoxville and practices as an Interventional Radiologist. His son, Matt, is an environmental attorney and a software engineer in Sans Francisco. His daughter, Elizabeth, is married, has a PhD in molecular biology and works in Nashville for a small pharmaceutical company. His non-medical interests include sailing, swimming and his grandchildren.